Pray & Play
Pray & Play is for our preschoolers whose mommies are involved in the Ladies' Bible Study or Motherwise Program on Tuesday mornings from 9:00-11:30. Two of our home school high school students, Hannah Howell and Lyndi Tsering, use a unique and creative new curriculum for our toddlers and PreK children. We have wonderful, certified childcare providers who can't wait to spend time with your precious children! Call the church office to register for the Ladies Bible Study or our mentoring program, Motherwise.
Tots Around Town
We have several activities during the month that are just for you to connect with your preschool age children. Our themed monthly library days take place at our fantastic Main Street Baptist Church Library, where we have special guest readers, finger plays and games. Sometimes we have play days in ToT Town, and other days we toodle around town. Some places we have been are: All Things Kids, the Pumpkin Patch at San Gabriel Presbyterian Church,the Play for All Abilities park in Round Rock, Hoppin' House, and picnics at the Rivery Park in Georgetown. Stay connected with us on facebook or check out our monthly Parent Link newsletter for details.
We love being moms! But sometimes, we can feel a little isolated being at home alone with the same tiny people :-) We definitely are in need of fresh air, exercise and support from and fellowship with other moms! The Holy Strollers! meet on the 2nd & 4th Fridays at 9:30 a.m. at the Rivery Park for an hour (or so) long walk. So bring your little ones and your stroller (older kids can come too on bikes/roller blades/Razors etc) and we will enjoy the paved trails of Georgetown. They are perfect for "talking about (these commands)...when you walk along the road"- Deuteronomy 6:6-7. Afterward, you are welcome to play at the playground or on blankets for a playdate! Come join us anytime!
We offer a FREE costume party for preschoolers in ToT Town on a Saturday evening in October. From 6-7 p.m., we have tons of "imagination stations" with a biblical emphasis where kids can play preschool-size games and earn a sticker. A card full of stickers gets them a goody bag full of preschool-friendly treats. Our awesome youth run this awesome event and then at 7 p.m. they perform a puppet show (including a special visit from our friend, Kody!) No scary costumes, please!
Children love to worship, and we have several opportunities throughout the year to get our kids involved in choir. Sarah Clawson, certified Music Teacher, directs this choir. Past events have been the children's musical "Miracle on Main Street" as well as participation in the Easter Musical. Kindergarten-5th grade students are welcome to participate. Check the calendar for upcoming events!
I'm a Christian Now
Is your child asking questions about baptism or becoming a Christian? If so, this class is for you and your child! I'm a Christian Now is a four-week class where parents join their kids for 4 highly interactive classes at the church that introduce the 28-day workbook to be completed at home. Topics include: making a decision for Christ, baptism, Lord's Supper, serving in your church and developing a daily quiet time. This class is offered periodically through the year as the need arises.
Preschool/Home School Fun Day
These monthly fun days are designed to incorporate both preschool and home school families in a morning of themed fun. We have had Thanksgiving, Christmas, Winter and Valentines fun days with crafts, snacks, games and age appropriate activities for everyone! Sometimes we go on fabulous field trips, check out this month's Parent Link for details!
Parent's Day/Night Out
We have several Parent's Day/Night Out throughout the year. This is a blessing that we offer to both our preschool and Main Street Children's Center families, primarily around Christmas and Valentine's Day. It is an opportunity for parents to spend a few hours catching up on loose ends while your children have seasonal activities, snacks, crafts and movies in a safe and loving environment. This is open to babies-5th grade, and our middle and high school students work these nights to raise money for various service and mission events.
Kids and summer fun go hand in hand, so throughout the summer Main Street offers a wide range of mission, service, fellowship and recreational activities for children. Our summer highlights are:
For Elementary kids:
- Camp Peniel - A summer day camp for kids entering 1st through 5th grade. For one week we load up the big, yellow bus each day for exciting adventures at this popular Marble Falls camp. We will have info up about Summer 2014 by January. Check out the CAMP PENIEL website for more information.
- Elementary Vacation Bible School - We are so excited about this year's theme: Weird Animals! Save the date for June 6-10, 2014! Registration will be available in the Spring. Email Toni if you'd like more information.
- Preschool Vacation Bible School- Weird Animals is the theme at Preschool VBS. Save the date for June 16-20, 2014. Email Kate if you'd like more information.
For GAP kids:
- AMP IT UP! - 5 Wednesdays throughout the Summer of Vacation Bible School designed for graduated 5th graders thru middle school. Students meet at "The Rock" (Main Street's Youth building) for Bible study, worship, games and snacks. Then, cruise around Central Texas in a big, yellow bus for fun adventures.
- Preteen Overnight Camp
Preteens are at a great age to spend a few nights away from home. Each summer, Main Street registers for a session of preteen camp at Highland Lakes Camp and Conference Center. At Highland Lakes Preteen Camp, kids experience creative Bible studies, high-energy worship celebrations, small group discussions, guided quiet times, and age-appropriate outdoor activities all to ensure an unforgettable camp experience directed toward helping preteens grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ. Check out the HIGHLAND LAKES BAPTIST ENCAMPMENT website for more information or see what a day at Preteen Camp is like.
- Family Play Days - We go all over the place to find fun summer activities! This last summer we had a splash day at the Quarry Splash Pad, a play day at the Play for All Abilities Park, roller skating at the Austin Sports Arena, a girls and boys Veggie Tales movie day and a pool day at the Micki Krebsbach pool in Round Rock.