Pray & Play
Pray & Play is for our preschoolers whose mommies are involved in the Ladies' Bible Study or Motherwise Program on Tuesday mornings from 9:00-11:30. Two of our home school high school students, Hannah Howell and Alyssa Homerding, use a unique and creative new curriculum for our toddlers and PreK children. This year, in addition to their Bible story, we are teaching "Signing Time." We have wonderful, certified childcare providers who can't wait to spend time with your precious children! Call the church office to register for the Ladies Bible Study or our mentoring program, Motherwise.
Tots Around Town
We have several activities during the month that are just for you to connect with your preschool age children. Our themed monthly library days take place at our fantastic Main Street Baptist Church Library, where we have special guest readers, finger plays and games. Sometimes we have play days in ToT Town, and other days we toodle around town. Some places we have been are: All Things Kids, the Pumpkin Patch at San Gabriel Presbyterian Church,the Play for All Abilities park in Round Rock, Hoppin' House, and picnics at the Rivery Park in Georgetown. Stay connected with us on facebook or check out our monthly Parent Link newsletter for details.
We offer a FREE costume party for preschoolers in ToT Town on a Friday evening in October. We have tons of "imagination stations" with a biblical emphasis where kids can play preschool-size games and earn a sticker. A card full of stickers gets them a goody bag full of treats. Our middle schoolers run this awesome event and do a puppet show...with a special visit from our friend, Kody! No scary costumes, please!
Children love to worship, and we have several opportunities throughout the year to get our kids involved in choir. Sarah Clawson, certified Music Teacher, directs this choir. Past events have been the children's musical "Miracle on Main Street" as well as participation in the Easter Musical. Kindergarten-5th grade students are welcome to participate. Check the calendar for upcoming events!
A club for girls and their moms that meets monthly during the school year. We have started a new curriculum from Camp Peniel, the day camp that our kids go to during the summer. Our meetings typically include a discussion time, crafts, snacks, prayer and fun. We also occasionally plan mission and service projects, field trips, and mother-daughter camp. See the children's calendar for this month's meeting information.
I'm a Christian Now
Is your child asking questions about baptism or becoming a Christian? If so, this class is for you and your child! I'm a Christian Now is a four-week class where parents join their kids for 4 highly interactive classes at the church that introduce the 28-day workbook to be completed at home. Topics include: making a decision for Christ, baptism, Lord's Supper, serving in your church and developing a daily quiet time. This class is offered periodically through the year as the need arises.
Preschool/Home School Fun Day
These monthly fun days are designed to incorporate both preschool and home school families in a morning of themed fun. We have had Thanksgiving, Christmas, Winter and Valentines fun days with crafts, snacks, games and age appropriate activities for everyone!
Parent's Day/Night Out
We have several Parent's Day/Night Out throughout the year. This is a blessing that we offer to both our preschool and Main Street Children's Center families, primarily around Christmas and Valentine's Day. It is an opportunity for parents to spend a few hours catching up on loose ends while your children have seasonal activities, snacks, crafts and movies in a safe and loving environment. This is open to babies-5th grade, and our middle and high school students work these nights to raise money for various service and mission events.
Kids and summer fun go hand in hand, so throughout the summer Main Street offers a wide range of mission, service, fellowship and recreational activities for children. Our summer highlights are:
For Elementary kids:
- Camp Peniel - A summer day camp for kids entering 1st through 5th grade. For one week we load up the big, yellow bus each day for exciting adventures at this popular Marble Falls camp. This summer, our camp is July 8-12, 2013. Call Camp Peniel for possible openings. Check out the CAMP PENIEL website for more information.
- Elementary Vacation Bible School - We are so excited about this year's theme: Kingdom Rock! Our VBS is June 10-14 and is totally free, registration is online now! Email Toni if you'd like to volunteer!
- Preschool Vacation Bible School-Kingdom Rock is the theme at Preschool VBS, June 17-21, for potty trained 3's-finished Kindergarten. Our VBS is always free, registration is available online now. Email Kate if you'd like to volunteer.
For GAP kids:
- AMP IT UP! - 5 Wednesdays throughout the Summer of Vacation Bible School designed for graduated 5th graders thru middle school. Students meet at "The Rock" (Main Street's Youth building) for Bible study, worship, games and snacks. Then, cruise around Central Texas in a big, yellow bus for fun adventures.
- Preteen Overnight Camp
Preteens are at a great age to spend a few nights away from home. Each summer, Main Street registers for a session of preteen camp at Highland Lakes Camp and Conference Center. At Highland Lakes Preteen Camp, kids experience creative Bible studies, high-energy worship celebrations, small group discussions, guided quiet times, and age-appropriate outdoor activities all to ensure an unforgettable camp experience directed toward helping preteens grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ. Check out the HIGHLAND LAKES BAPTIST ENCAMPMENT website for more information or see what a day at Preteen Camp is like.
- Family Play Days - We go all over the place to find fun summer activities! This last summer we had a splash day at the Quarry Splash Pad, a play day at the Play for All Abilities Park, roller skating at the Austin Sports Arena, a girls and boys Veggie Tales movie day and a pool day at the Micki Krebsbach pool in Round Rock. We also invite our preschoolers to come on Thursdays to Preschool Promiseland Chapel with Miss Toni, to worship with our Main Street Children's Center friends.